The vibrant color of the cassis makes the whole table feel fresh!
- 200 grams New Zealand Cassis, frozen
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- Your favorite vegetables, such as finely chopped mint leaves, 400 grams of peeled tomatoes, and 4 pieces of finely chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the white sugar and white wine vinegar to the frozen cassis fruit and heat for 3 minutes over a low heat.
- When the juice of the berries starts to flow and the sugar dissolves, remove it from the heat.
- Let the mixture cool and then add all of the vegetables and mix thoroughly.
- Let it stand for about 30 minutes to allow the ingredients to blend, then add salt and pepper to taste and mix again to even out the taste.
- Scatter the mint leaves over the top for a tasty garnish. Enjoy with a well-chilled Sauvignon Blanc or other white wine.
(Recipe from Sophie Grigson’s, Organic Cooking)
Comments are closed.